Friday, September 16, 2016

Day Sixteen 09/16/16 Thirty Paintings in 30 Days

I started this painting of my three year old granddaughter Sidney Kate during a recent online acrylic workshop.  I was unable to successfully move the acrylics around so I finished this one in oils.
I am so glad you can apply oils over acrylics as I worked really hard getting her shapes and landmarks right in the acrylic medium.
I am learning skin tones and little tips about portrait painting from Victoria Bush at my art class.  I am also watching some YouTube videos and DVD's.
One day I would like to go to a portrait workshop.  But I have lots to learn first.  I never in a million years thought I would like to paint portraits, but I do like the challenge!
I hope you like this one.

1 comment:

  1. Portraits are hard. I have been trying to learn to do them too. This one is so cute. I think you are doing a fantastic job. She looks a lot like my grand-daughter. Love the brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete