Thursday, September 22, 2016

Day Twenty Two 09/22/16 Thirty Paintings in 30 Days

I missed a few days painting during this challenge.  My husband had a mini-stroke Saturday night and was admitted for observation and treatment.  He developed garbled speech for about 80 minutes. This cleared up at the hospital. I had given him 2 aspirins before we went to the hospital and that sure helped. He was discharged on Aspirin and Plavix.  His symptoms occurred again two days later.  He was admitted again.  This time the garbled speech lasted about 8 hours, on and off.  No new treatment was given.  So far all his head scans and MRI's have been ok.  We see a neurologist in the morning for whatever comes next.

We spent a quiet day at home today.  Kind of waiting for something to happen, but thankfully nothing did.  I was able to paint some. It was therapeutic for me to go up to my studio and think about something else, or just not think at all.  Thoughts can be scary at times like this.

Hope you like my sunflowers.  They cheered me up some.

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be tough, Karen. I'm impressed that you could calm yourself enough to paint at all. Nice painting, too.

    ReplyDelete