Sunday, January 8, 2017

Day Eight 01/08/17 "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days"

Today my color is Cadmium Red made by Winsor & Newton Artists' Oil Color in France.  This is a warm opaque color with a yellow bias.  The pigment or Color Index (C.I.) name is PR108.  It has a Permanence Rating of A and is a Series 4.  This means it is considered permanent and is expensive, about $25-30 for a small 37ml tube.  Cadmium Red will be used as my warm red.

In doing today's charts, I took this Cadmium Red (CR) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top space.
Next, in the second column, I mixed my Cadmium Red (CR) with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% Cadmium Red (my dominant color) and 25% of the next color, like Permanent Rose (PR).  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.

I absolutely love the colors I created in today's chart!  And I love that I now have the "recipe" to mix them again!! This is going to make painting so much more enjoyable for me.

Thank you for viewing my blog.  Your comments are welcome!!



2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with the time spent to do all these beautiful charts. I know that you are learning lots and will be a better painter because of all this effort. Kathy V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy, I sure hope they help!!

    ReplyDelete