Friday, January 20, 2017

Day Twenty 01/20/17 "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days"

Today's color for the Color Chart Project is Gamblin's Olive Green. It is a warm semi-transparent color in the green family with a value of 3 on the value scale where 10 is white.  It has a chroma of 4 .  It is a Series 2 color which makes it affordable.

It contains three pigments, PBr 7 which is Burnt Sienna, PY74 which is Hansa Yellow and PB 15 which is Phthalo Blue.  I sure did not know this!!  This color made some beautiful earth tones and will be very useful in landscape paintings.

In doing today's charts, I took the Olive Green  (OG) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top square.
Next, in the second column, I mixed the Olive Green with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% Olive Green and 25% of the next color, like Transparent Oxide Red (TOR).  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values. I did this with all my 21 colors.



I hope you are enjoying my project as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment