Sunday, January 22, 2017

Day Twenty Two 01/22/17 "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days"

Today's color for the Color Chart Project is Winsor & Newton's Terra Rosa, made in France.  Terra Rosa contains the pigment, PR101 or Red Iron Oxide.  This is a synthetic earth pigment.  It is the same pigment as the paint colors Indian Red, Venetian Red, and Transparent Oxide Red.  Some have different shades however.  This is an opaque, very dense color with excellent tinting strength.  It has a value of 4 on the value scale where white is 10.  Its chroma is 8 and it is a warm color.  It has a Permanence Rating of AA and it is a Series 1 paint so it is very affordable, about $5-7 per 37ml tube.

Terra Rosa mixed with my other colors on my palette made some beautiful earth tones, terra cottas, pinks, and greens.  I will never have problems in the future painting terra cotta pots!!!





In doing today's charts, I took the Terra Rosa (TR) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top square.
Next, in the second column, I mixed Terra Rosa (TR) with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% TR and 25% of the next color, like Portland Cool Grey (PCG).  I then added White to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.

I hope you have enjoy my project.  I have one more color left and it is a cool grey.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment