Monday, January 16, 2017

Day Sixteen 01/16/17 "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days"

Today's color for my Color Chart Project is Maimeri Puro's Verde turchese, or Turquoise Green #350, made in Italy.  I am going to simply call this one #350.  Jo Ann Williams Walker introduced me to this gorgeous transparent turquoise.

The color pigment is PB16.  It is transparent phthalo blue with superior covering power.  It has a very high tinting strength, so you have to be careful not to overwhelm other colors with it.  It only takes a small amount!!!  It will make some very deep blues and greens.  It is great for glazing too.

It is completely lightfast, stable and permanent.  You can get a 40ml tube at DickBlick for about $35.00.

In doing today's charts, I took this #350 and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top square.
Next, in the second column, I mixed my #350 with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% #350 and 25% of the next color, like Phthalo Green.  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.



Thank you for viewing my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment