Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Day Eleven 01/11/17 "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days"

Today's color  for my color charts is Magenta (Mag) made by Winsor & Newton Artists' Oil Colour in France.  This is another transparent color in the red family.  It is a rich deep violet red.  The pigment or Color Index (C.I.) is PR122.  It has a value of 3 and is a cool color with a bias of blue and violet.  It makes beautiful violets, roses, pinks, and corals when mixed with my other palette colors.

The Permanence Rating is A and it is a series 2 color.  This means it is considered permanent and is not that expensive, about $10-15 for a small 37ml tube.

This is now my third cool reddish color, with the other two being Permanent Rose (PR) and Alizarin Crimson (AC).  They all do make similar colors, but there are some differences.  Since I love to paint florals, I will keep all three for now and decide later which one to eliminate.  That will be a hard choice for me.  I have discovered that I am much more of a "colorist" than I ever thought!!

In doing today's charts, I took the Magenta (Mag) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top square.
Next, in the second column, I mixed my Magenta (Mag) with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% Magenta and 25% of the next color, like Winsor Violet (Vio).  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.





Thank you for viewing my blog!  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a message for me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment