Monday, January 9, 2017

Day Nine 01/09/17 "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days"

Today my color is Permanent Rose (PR) made by Winsor & Newton Artists' Color in France.  This is a transparent color in the violet family.  The pigment or Color Index (C.I.) is PV19.  This is my cool red.  It has a value of approximately 3 (on the value scale with 10 being white) and an intensity or chroma of 10.  It has a color bias of blue and violet, and because of this, it is a great red to make beautiful violets. You would not want to use this red to make oranges.

The Permanence Rating is A and it is a series 2 color.  This means it is considered permanent and is not that expensive, about $10-12 per small 37ml tube.

So now I have a cool (PR) and a warm (CR) red.  It is important to try to have a cool and a warm color of each primary color, unless of course you are using a very limited palette.

In doing today's charts, I took the Permanent Rose (PR) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top square.
Next, in the second column, I mixed my Permanent Rose (PR) with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% Permanent Rose (PR) and 25%  of the next color, like Alizarin Crimson (AC).  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.

Now I think Permanent Rose is my favorite color!!! I know I keep changing my mind, but these mixtures today are gorgeous!!  They will be perfect for florals! I can't wait to try them out!!

Thank you for viewing my blog.  Your comments are welcome!






No comments:

Post a Comment