Thursday, January 12, 2017

Day Twelve 01/12/17 "Thirty Paintings In 30 Days"

Today my color for my color charts is Winsor Violet (Dioxazine) made by Winsor & Newton Artists' Oil Colour in France.  It is a transparent color in the violet family.  It is a vivid mid-shade purple.  It's pigment or Color Index (C.I.) is PV23.  It has a Permanence Rating of A and is a Series 2 color, costing about $10-12 for a small 37ml tube.

Windsor Violet has a value of 2 on the Value Scale where white is 10.  It is intense and has a chroma of 10.  It has a blue color bias.

In doing today's charts, I took the Winsor Violet (Vio) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top square.
Next, in the second column, I mixed my Winsor Violet (Vio) with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% Violet and 25% of the next color, like Ultramarine Blue Deep (UMB-D).  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.



Windsor Violet made gorgeous mixtures of a variety of violets, blues and a few browns.  It will also be very useful in making deep blacks or the darks in my paintings.

Thank you for viewing my blog, comments are welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment