Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day Fifteen 01/15/17 "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days"

Today's color for my Color Chart Project is Cerulean Blue made by Winsor & Newton Artists' Oil in France.  It is a semi-opaque cool blue with a value of 4 (on the value scale where 10 is white) and a high chroma of 12.  It's pigment is PB35, it has a Permanence Rating of AA and a lightfastness of 1.  It is a Series 4 color, which is expensive, about $35.00 for a 37ml tube.

Cerulean Blue is a cool blue, but it has a green bias so it is on the warm side of cool.  It makes beautiful greens when mixed with yellows and other greens.  It too will make some pretty violets.

In doing today's charts, I took the Cerulean Blue (Cer) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top square.
Next, in the second column, I mixed Cerulean Blue with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% Cerulean Blue and 25% of the next color, like Turquoise Green (#350).  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.



Thank you for viewing my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment