Saturday, January 7, 2017

Day Seven 01/07/17 "Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days"

Today my color is Cadmium Scarlet made by Winsor & Newton Artists' Oil Color in France.  This is a warm opaque color in the red family.  It is a vivid bright red pigment with an yellow to orange bias.  It has excellent covering abilities and is useful in making orange colors.   The pigment or Color Index (C.I.) name is PR108.  It has a value of 5 and an intensity or chroma of about 16.  It has a Permanence Rating of A and is a Series 4.  This means it is considered permanent, and it is expensive, about $25-30 for a small 37ml tube.





So in continuing to work on my Color Charts, I took this Cadmium Scarlet (CS) and placed it by itself in the first top square.  I then tinted it by adding Titanium White for 4 additional values below this top space.
Next, in the second column, I mixed my Cadmium Scarlet (SC) with all my other individual colors in a ratio of 75% Cadmium Scarlet (my dominant color) and 25% of the next color, like Cadmium Red (CR).  I then added white to this mixture for 4 additional values.  I did this with all my 21 colors.

I just love doing this exercise even though it is very time consuming. I love the surprises I get with all these beautiful color mixtures!

Thank you for viewing my blog.  Your comments are welcome!







No comments:

Post a Comment